Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

Slasher Clash, Round 4: Remake Rumble

In this remake edition of Slasher Clash, will it be MY BLOODY VALENTINE'S three-dimensional reboot or FRIDAY THE 13TH'S return to Camp Crystal Lake? A miner with a pickaxe to grind or a mongoloid with a machete to swing? You decide!

In this corner, weighing in at a hefty 101 minutes, is the movie that stole hearts (literally):



And in this corner, clocking in at a slightly leaner 97 minutes, is a film that brought more bad luck to the unluckiest day of the calendar:



So, fellow Slasher Speakers, who will emerge victorious in the clash of the remakes? Vote now!

Slasher Clash, Round 4: Remake Rumble
In the clash of the remakes, will it be miner masks or hockey masks?
My Bloody Valentine 3-D
Friday the 13th (2009)




Disclaimer: No slasher film was hurt in the making of this blog.

3 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Got it. It was tough choosing between Jensen and Jared what-ever-the-hell-their-last-names-are...but I sucked it up and went with Bloody Valentine, as I found that a somewhat better film than F13 -Remake (which is not saying a lot).

Amanda By Night said...

That's a tough one! I thought both were OK. I guess I liked the Friday remake better because it had much more fun. The MBV remake had fun with the 3D, but ultimately it was pretty unmemorable. I mean, how can a movie with Tom Atkins be so unmemorable?!?

But points to Jenson Ackles for being so uber-hot. Wow.

Also, isn't it funny that each movie stars an actor from Supernatural?

kindertrauma said...

I gotta go with MBV. The ending could have been a bit better but I loved the small town atmosphere and the kills were old school cool. Friday needed way more Pamela V!-Unk