Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What She Said...

Nearly 24 hours after the annoucement that Barack Obama had been elected the first African-American President of the United States, I'm still speechless. I'm still trying to untangle the myriad emotions that have taken hold of me at this magnificent, hopeful crossroads in our nation's history. There's a bit of a black cloud tempering my joy – but more about that tomorrow. This is about celebrating the fact that this great country of ours rose above and opted for change – bravely, with no guarantees.

Last night, over on her blog at the Huffington Post, Jamie Lee Curtis expressed all that I'm feeling and more. And she said it with far more eloquence than I'm capable of today. I hope you'll take a moment to read what she has to say to President-elect Obama.

An excerpt:

"Thank you for reminding us that this next period of time will be hard. That there are no easy answers. That there will be sacrifice. There will be blood. There will be sweat. There will be tears."

No comments: