Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 14 Singles of 2014


2014 was another banner year in music. And while women (once again) largely dominated my forthcoming list of favorite albums of the year, several gents sneaked their way into my musical consciousness, landing in my annual list of favorite singles. Without further comment (these catchy tunes can speak for themselves, after all), here's my countdown of the Top 14 singles of 2014:

14. "Blame" / Calvin Harris featuring John Newman


13. "This Is The Love" / Spandau Ballet


12. "The Epilogue" / Crosses (†††)


11. "Got Love" / Tove Lo


10. "Don't Wanna Dance / 


9. "Travesty" / Jimmy Somerville


8. "I Was Gonna Cancel" / Kylie Minogue


7. "Ghost" / Ella Henderson


6. "Uptight Downtown" / La Roux


5. "Cannonball" / Lea Michele


4. "Jealous" / Nick Jonas


3. "Digital Witness" / St. Vincent


2. "Fever" / The Black Keys


1. "Sing" / Ed Sheeran


More year-end favorites to come! 

No comments: